Small Business Development Centers
The ISU Pappajohn Center and the ISU Small Business Development Center work together within the ISU Research Park to provide a broad set of resources to entrepreneurs of all types. The Pappajohn Center focuses on the technology companies referred to or formed at the University. The Center provides direct service including market research and business plan development, and it connects prospective companies to a network of private sector expertise and resources.
The SBDC provides business assistance to anyone interested in starting, expanding, rescuing, buying, or selling a traditional business, such as retail, restaurant, service, consulting, or manufacturing.
- Business Plan Development
- Market Research
- Sourcing Capital and Financial Assistance
- Outsourcing Assistance
- Sales and Marketing Development
- Recruitment of Key Personnel
- Accessing Technical Resources Within Iowa State University
- Utilization of Student Laboratories
- Experienced and certified staff works directly with the principals of the company.
- Center network includes resources such as accounting, legal, and sales professionals who have extensive experience working with start-up and existing businesses.
- Minimizes time searching for and assessing resources.
The ISU SBDC provides free and low-cost counseling and training to Iowa’s entrepreneurs from 15 regional offices throughout the state. The ISU SBDC is located at the ISU Research Park and serves entrepreneurs in the following counties: Story, Boone, Marshall, Hardin, and Hamilton. Contact the Center for more information.